The Kurnell Village Fair, which was scheduled to be held Sunday, has been postponed due to the soggy state of Marton Park after all the rain.
The organizers are looking for a new date, possibly in September.
A Facebook post said: “It is with a very heavy heart that we must inform our community that we will be postponing this year’s fair.
“This was an incredibly difficult decision after a site visit yesterday which showed that the ground is not suitable for an event on Sunday.
“Holding an event in such bad weather conditions would lead to a huge reduction in the number of visitors and the quality of the experience for customers and exhibitors.
“We want to assure you that this decision has been made in everyone’s best interest and we will provide a new date as soon as we have one confirmed by SSC.
“If you want to contact the committee, do so via the website.”
The Kurnell Village Fair, which will be held for the 25th time, will be held in Marton Park on Sunday, May 15.
A highlight of the annual Sutherland Shire Heritage Festival, the event commemorates Kurnell’s diverse history.
The fair, between 9am and 4pm, offers attractions, performances by local talent and up to 40 stalls selling food and different varieties on a relaxing Sunday.
Another family activity held on Sundays as part of the festival is a Celtic concert at Parc Menai.
The festival lasts until May 29, including:
- Saturday May 14 Botany Bay Family History Society, Tradies Gymea 10am – 4pm
- Sunday 15 May Celtic Concert, Parc Menai Afternoon on BYO Chair/Rug
- Sunday May 15 Kurnell Village Fair, Marton Park 10am-4pm
- Saturday, May 21 Sutherland Shire Historical Society Meeting and Talk, Venetia St, Sylvania with Greg Jackson and Pam Forbes, ‘Parkvale on Georges River’
- Sunday May 22 Sutherland Music Club Concert, Uniting Church, Flora Street Sutherland
- Saturday, May 28 Sutherland Music Club, Youth Music Awards Competition for Under 18s, Uniting Church Flora St, Sutherland 9am
- Sunday May 29 Southern Brass Concert, Gymea Tradies 14:00-16:00 $10 admission
- The Tram Museum is open every Sunday & Wednesday this month.