It’s the weekend — but Comic-Con news rests for nothing. We have a packed weekend edition of Under the tentswith news about Z2 Comics, Factory Entertainment, KRS Comics, Martin Hsu, Val Hochberg, crochet creations and more.
Here’s a rundown of the news you may have missed:
- A recent Publishers Weekly article revealed several interesting tidbits about the scam, including that Drawn & Quarterly will not be on the show floor this year (although they do sponsor cartoonist Sophie Yanow). Dark Horse will also skip, although we had already heard that news. They also revealed that Toei Animation will be in attendance, and independent Z2 Comics will have an exciting presence, featuring the cast of Last podcast on the leftactor and comics writer David Dastmalchian, and Schitt’s Creek star Emily Hampshire.
- Myopia author Richard Dent will attend San Diego Comic-Con and sign autographs at the Sails Pavilion. But you can also stop by Dynamite Entertainment #M-12 in Small Press to pick up a FREE Myopia magnet, while supplies last. Here is the signing schedule from Dent, at Sails Pavilion table AA20:
- Thursday 21 July 14:30 – 19:00
- Friday 22 July 14:30 – 19:00
- Saturday 23 July 14:30 – 19:00
- Sunday 24 July 13.30-17.00
- Here come the Men in black… to San Diego Comic-Con, at the Factory Entertainment booth. Factory let the attendees know that if they swing by booth 2743 during the scam, they’ll be treated to a look at several of the company’s new collectibles, including new items for Men in black†
- Get your sharps ready! KRS Comics will have many fan favorite artists and writers at their booth #5537, including Ken Lashley, Stan Sakai, Mike Mayhew, Javan Jordan, Alex Cormack and Will Jack. The exact schedule is still TBA.
- Speaking of signing, IT TAKES KVLT artist Liana Kangas gave a look at her preliminary SDCC schedule, including signings at Scout and IDW; exclusive conventions, many of which have yet to be revealed; and panels.
- Cyanide & Happiness, whose comics, books, games and more you’ve no doubt seen somewhere on the net, is on stand #1234 this year.
- Artist Genevieve Santos showed off a new print she will have at San Diego Comic-Con, for the KPop band Seventeen. Stop by Small Press #L-7 to pick it up, and the leftover inventory will be available online after the scam starting Monday, July 25 at 9:00 a.m. PT.
- Martin Hsu gave us a look at one of the three Ted Lasso and cats pieces he will be offering, with more information coming soon.
- If you were hoping to get a commission from artist Jeff Pina, we have: bad news† Pina won’t be offering commissions at San Diego Comic-Con, but with the sheer number of originals he brings, there won’t be a shortage of great art to choose from.
- **WARNING: Stranger Things 4 Spoilers Ahead!** How awesome is Eddie Munson? Patrick Ballesteros has captured him in all his glory in what will be a very rad sticker for your D&D screen.
- Red 5 Comics’ Butcher Queen comic will be well represented at San Diego Comic-Con with a exclusive coverage from #1 by artist Tim Bradstreet. Writer Jimmy Ousley and artist Benjamin Sawyer will be in attendance.
- This one roly-poly little Cthulhu will be up for grabs if you manage to find it during a “critter drop” by creator Morgan le Slay.
- While “Nifty Neuron” hasn’t revealed this year’s hook drops for San Diego Comic-Con, they have hint that they come in. You can view the crochet creations from previous years on their blog.
- Gays in spaaaaaaace. Kim Macharia, Chairman of the Space Frontier Foundation, revealed on Twitter that there will be a “Gays In Actual Space” panel at SDCC this year.
- I gotta catch ’em all! Artist Val Hochberg boasted several new original artworks for Eeveelution, which will be available at Small Press #N-12.
- NFT 80’s Retro Live-Action Comedy Streaming Series cyber fist is on its way to booth #2000 in July.
- Abyssmal Entertainment, a multimedia company, will be at booth # 1901 at San Diego Comic-Con this year, where they will have a copy of Myths from the Abyssand their new documentary Survivor Supercon†
Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments, message us or tweet us @SD_Comic_Con†
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2022 posts, you can find them HERE.