We’re 26 days away from San Diego Comic-Con, and in just four short weeks, the convention’s first full day will be in full swing. Until then, we’ve got plenty of updates for you from artists like Eric Powell, Nick Kremenek, Martin Hsu, and Patrick Ballesteros, as well as updates from vendors like Symbiote Studios.
Let’s take a look at the news you may have missed:
- Continue creator Eric Powell revealed he will be at Booth #2207 this year. Let the fear begin, indeed!
- Genevieve Santos, also known as Le Petit Elefant, is always one of our favorite stops at the convention, with her beautiful, delicate artwork. Her first reveal for the year is My neighbor Totoro stamp washi tape, with Totoro and friends. It will be the first of a number of Totoro-inspired products she’s at the con, and you can find her at booth #L-7 in Small Press.
- In space no one can hear you screaming about this portrait of Nick Kremenek from Corporal Dwayne Hicks of Aliens. You’ll find Kremenek at booth #GG-11 – and we’ll be putting a spotlight on him as he begins to reveal completed exclusives and debuts.
- We love artists pulling out all the stops at San Diego Comic-Con, and that’s exactly what Chris Maze is doing this year. He gets 14 new projects debut at the conference† 14!
- Artist Martin Hsu has so many amazing artworks, and you can help him decide which prints to make for San Diego Comic-Con.
- Patrick Ballesteros shouldn’t be unknown to anyone on the UBlog, but the artist has new decals for the scam, and they are believable. The sticker set, titled “Revenge of the Puns”, is full of Pilipino-inspired puns.
- Speaking of Ballesteros, Mini Originals for the con are back† These little creations come in their own individual frame and will be available on a first come/first served basis at his booth #DD-08 in Artists Alley, with the release schedule still unknown. Which one is your favourite?
- Artist James Silvani has been busy the last few weeks, and he has even more original art to show off. You can pick up many of your favorite characters in pieces for as little as $120 at booth #5555.
- Symbiote Studios’ mascot Catnip Bravo is get into fighting shape, so that he can handle all those present at Stone, Paper, Scissors. You can find out more about Symbiote’s exclusive offers and freebies in our post here.
- Son of the Storm author Suyi Davies Okungbowa has a busy schedule at the convention this year. You can catch him signing in the booth on Thursday, July 21 at 3:30 PM (booth TBA), and on two panels: “Writing in Someone Else’s Universe” on Friday, July 22 at 10:00 AM, and “Stranger Things Books” on Friday July 22 at 3:30 PM.
- Artist Jeff Pina can be found this year in Small Press #Q-06, where he will debut Nicholas Claus: The Warrior Saint, Vol 1† The set includes two one-shots and a brand new full story. Christmas has started early!
- Geek clothing company Hero Within will offer a fully customizable Starfleet exclusive to the convention. You can make your own Starfleet jacket at booth #1943 by choosing from a variety of styles, colors, names, patches, badges, pins, zip pulls and more.
Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments, message us or tweet us @SD_Comic_Con†
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2022 posts, you can find them HERE.