Welcome to San Diego Comic-Con, take a look around, everything your brain can think of is there. We have mountains of content, some better, some worse. If it doesn’t help you, be the first! We’ve got a brand new edition of Under the Tents for you, packed with artists, comic book companies, a screening, a chance to attend after-parties (if you’ve got a lot of cash), and more.
Let’s take a look at the news you may have missed:
- The account of artist Alex Ross boasted a new original art that pays tribute to the Captain America heading to San Diego Comic-Con.
- Everything, everywhere, all at once† Shang-Chi† Ultraman… These are some of our favorite things. And they are also things that can be found in artist Patrick Ballesteros’ latest art tease†
- We could all use a little more May in May. ballesteros also had a look at one of his Mini Originals for the scam.
- The exhibit floor plan for San Diego Comic-Con has not yet been publicly announced, but the puzzle pieces are starting to come together. Project Naosis was very excited to reveal that they have been admitted to the convention.
- just do what? Brewing Z2 Comics for San Diego Comic Con? Well, we’re not quite sure, but we know it’s vampires and spaghetti, so we’re in on it.
- What’s Pink, Purple, Sparkly, and Might Go to San Diego Comic-Con? These Toratai Shapes:, which artist Priscilla Wilson showed off. Want to see a run of these beautiful mother-of-pearl varieties at the con? Be sure to let her know.
- Simply Human Project, a nonprofit that provides aid, housing and services to unsheltered individuals and families, is auctioning a set of 4-day badges for San Diego Comic-Con, as well as entry to two “exclusive Comic-Con” parties. They don’t list which ones, but promise you can choose from “four great options”. Bidding is now live through May 16.
- We love the art of Monkey Minion – and we also love exclusive movies that are actually about San Diego Comic-Con. Put the two together, and you already have an instant winner. So when do we see that last piece, huh, Dane?
- Can’t wait to see all the exclusive offers? Well, Diwata Komiks can’t wait to tell you all about it the exclusives! The Philippine-American indie comics company is going to make a variant cover for The Angry Goddess for SDCC by artist diwatero.
- Panel Announcements – They’re Coming! In the end. For now we are excited to see that the short film The bee will be featured at this year’s con. The short film follows a girl, Sydney, who dresses up as a bee to fight crime, but to reach her full potential, she must first overcome a tragic event from her past.
- Meloria Maille, who mixes metal, chic and all things geek, will be exhibiting at SDCC this summer. Go congratulate them!
Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments, message us or tweet us @SD_Comic_Con†
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2022 posts, you can find them HERE.