Sunshine, Unstable Weather Forecast for Canada Day Weekend in Okanagan – Okanagan

It was a warm and sunny start to the Canada Day long weekend, with temperatures around 20 degrees in the southern interior of BC.

Time will tell if those conditions will remain constant for the next 72 hours.

From Salmon Arm to Osoyoos, Environment Canada forecasts unstable conditions through Sunday with sunny skies and temperatures of 27 to 31 C plus a 30 to 40 percent chance of showers.

Read more:

New flood watch, high tide warnings and evacuation warnings if rains swell BC’s rivers

Friday’s forecast for the Okanagan and Shuswap also puts a risk of afternoon and evening thunderstorms.

Below are Environment Canada’s weather forecasts:

Salmon Arm

Friday: High 27, low 14. A mix of sun and cloud with a 30 percent chance of showers during the day. Partly cloudy with a 60% chance of showers in the evening. Chance of afternoon and evening thunderstorms.

Saturday: High 28, low 14. Sunny in the morning and afternoon, followed by a mix of sun and cloud plus a 30 percent chance of showers for the rest of the day.

Sunday: High 31, low 16. A mix of sun and clouds with a 40 percent chance of showers during the day, then a 60 percent chance at night.

Monday: High 25, low 14. Cloudy and showers all day.


Click to play the video: 'Kelowna Weather Forecast: June 30'







Kelowna Weather Forecast: June 30


Kelowna Weather Forecast: June 30

Vernon

Friday: High 27, low 14. A mix of sun and cloud with a 40 percent chance of showers during the day. Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers in the evening. Chance of afternoon and evening thunderstorms.

Saturday: High 29, Low 14. Sunny in the morning and afternoon, followed by a mix of sun and clouds plus a 30 percent chance of showers for the rest of the day. Chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Sunday: High 30, low 15. Cloudy and showers all day.

Monday: High 22, low 14. Cloudy and showers all day.


Click to play video: 'BC Evening Weather Forecast: June 30'







BC Evening Weather Forecast: June 30


BC Evening Weather Forecast: June 30

Kelowna

Friday: High 27, low 14. A mix of sun and cloud with a 30 percent chance of showers during the day. Winds from 20 km/h to 40 km/h in the afternoon. Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of a shower in the evening. Chance of afternoon and evening thunderstorms.

Saturday: High 30, low 14. Sunny in the morning and afternoon, followed by a mix of sun and clouds plus a 30 percent chance of showers for the rest of the day. Chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Sunday: High 30, low 15. Cloudy and showers all day.

Monday: High 22, low 15. Cloudy and showers all day.


Click to play video: 'Five possible tornadoes touchdown in Saskatchewan'







Five possible tornadoes touchdown in Saskatchewan


Five possible tornadoes touchdown in Saskatchewan

penticton

Friday: High 27, low 13. A mix of sun and clouds with a 30 percent chance of showers during the day. Winds of 20 km/h in the afternoon and early evening. Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of a shower in the evening. Chance of afternoon and evening thunderstorms.

Saturday: High 28, low 14. Sunny in the morning and afternoon, followed by a mix of sun and cloud plus a 30 percent chance of showers for the rest of the day. In the afternoon wind of 20 km/h. Chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Sunday: High 30, low 15. Cloudy and showers all day.

Monday: High 22, low 15. Cloudy and showers all day.


Click to play video: 'Massive clean-up for residents of Southern Alberta after intense summer storm'







Massive cleanup for residents of Southern Alberta after intense summer storm


Massive cleanup for residents of Southern Alberta after intense summer storm

Osoyoos

Friday: High 27, low 13. A mix of sun and clouds with a 30 percent chance of showers during the day. Winds of 20 km/h in the afternoon and early evening. Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of a shower in the evening. Chance of afternoon and evening thunderstorms.

Saturday: High 28, low 14. Sunny in the morning and afternoon, followed by a mix of sun and clouds plus a 30 percent chance of showers in the early evening. In the afternoon wind of 20 km/h. Chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Sunday: High 30, low 15. Cloudy and showers all day.

Monday: High 22, low 15. Cloudy and showers all day.


Click to play video: 'Edmonton Weather Forecast: June 30, 2022'







Edmonton Weather Forecast: June 30, 2022


Edmonton Weather Forecast: June 30, 2022

Story continues under ad

© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Leave a Comment