Piers Morgan ‘outraged’ at Buckingham Palace decision to keep Meghan Markle bullying report private

Sky News Primetime presenter Piers Morgan has weighed in on Buckingham Palace’s decision to keep the official investigation into its handling of bullying allegations against Meghan Markle a secret.

Piers Morgan has shared his frustration after a senior palace source revealed that an investigation into the handling of bullying allegations against Meghan Markle would be kept private.

The Sky News Primetime Host stated on Twitter that it was “outrageous” that the review, which explored claims that the Duchess of Sussex bullied two PAs from the palace, would never be published.

“This is outrageous. I’m sure Mrs. Markle wants the woman who says she bullied them to speak their truth, right?’ he said.

Stream more world news live & on demand with Flash. 25+ news channels in 1 place. New to Flash? Try 1 month free. Offer ends October 31, 2022

His tweet then referenced the Duchess’ powerful quotes in recent years, in which she has encouraged women to speak out and “feel empowered to use their voices”.

Buckingham Palace launched an investigation into the bullying allegations in March 2021 after a Times of London article revealed she allegedly expelled two staff members from the palace while others were humiliated.

The article referred to claims by the Duke and Duchess’s former press secretary, Jason Knauf, who had expressed concerns in an October 2018 email.

The allegations, which had been kept secret for more than two years, were revealed just days before the couple’s amazing interview with Oprah Winfrey.

But on Thursday, a senior palace source said recommendations as a result of the review would be implemented, but “we will not comment further”.

“We recognize that the people who participated in the review participated because they understood that there would be confidentiality in discussions with an independent law firm,” they said.

“We have a duty to respect that confidentiality.

“The objectives have been achieved because lessons have been learned.”

The palace official said members of the royal family are aware of the changes made to personnel policies and procedures, where necessary.

The Duchess of Sussex continues to deny all allegations of bullying, saying via a spokesperson that she is “saddened by this latest attack on her character, especially as someone who has been the target of self-bullying”.

Leave a Comment