NEW ONESYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Is there ever a time when we don’t feel like chips?
Share the goodness of this recipe from Elizabeth Van Lierde’s new book, “Everyday Entertaining: 110+ Recipes for Going All Out When You’re Staying In,” with friends in this out-of-control hit you’ll return to time and time again. .
SWEET AND SPICY THAI-INSPIRED BURGERS: RECIPE
“There isn’t one of my friends who won’t tell you that I’m obsessed with ketchup. Sometimes I joke about getting a small packet of ketchup tattooed on my body (it would be pretty cute, wouldn’t it?!). favorite spice and I always order extra, especially with fries,” writes Van Lierde.
“As simple as this idea is, when I put down this French fries platter of homemade dipping sauces, it’s nearly impossible to send away this universal favorite food,” she added. “Pick and choose your favorite fries and make one or all three dips to serve.”
GRILLED FISH TACOS WITH SWEET Corn Salsa: TRY THE RECIPE
You may have leftovers from any sauce, in which case you know baking a grilled cheese or burger for dipping is the way to go.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 45 min
SIMPLE, CRISPY LEMON COD IN 30 MINUTES: TRY THE RECIPE
– ½ cup mayonnaise
– ¼ cup ketchup
– ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
– ½ tsp black pepper
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp old bay or Cajun spices
– ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, aged bay or Cajun seasoning, and cayenne pepper until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Sauce stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator will serve up to four to five days.
SEVERAL AMERICANS SAY THEIR BEST MEMORIES COME FROM FAMILY BBQS
The homemade ketchup
– 1 can tomato paste (6oz)
– ⅓ cup brown sugar, honey or agave
– ½ tsp kosher salt
– ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
– ½ tsp garlic powder
– 1 tbsp vinegar (white wine, apple cider, etc.)
– ¼ cup water
- Combine tomato paste, brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, vinegar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Beat until smooth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often. If the mixture gets too thick, thin with a tablespoon of water at a time.
- Remove the ketchup from the heat and let it cool to room temperature. Transfer to a jar or covered container to refrigerate.
- Add water in one tablespoon increments until you get the consistency you want. Enjoy right away, or keep overnight in an airtight container to allow the flavors to develop.
- Ketchup is good for one to two weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
CHEESY PASTA WITH BACON AND PEAS: TRY THE RECIPE
The Herby Ranch
– ¼ cup buttermilk
– 1 cup mayonnaise
– ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
cup fresh herbs (dill, parsley, chives, etc.)
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– ½ tsp onion powder
– Kosher salt
– Cracked black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, spices, onion powder, and garlic powder. Taste for salt and pepper and season to taste.
- Ranch is good in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three to four days.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The French fries
– ¼ pound crinkle fries
– pound waffle fries
– pound curly fries
– ¼ pound tater tots
- Bake frozen fries according to package instructions – rule of thumb is 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 to 30 minutes. Spread the fries in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Arrange the dipping sauces in small bowls on a serving platter. Arrange warm chips on the platter and serve immediately.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS
Other dips to try:
– Barbecue sauce
– Buffalo sauce
– Honey mustard
– Sriracha May
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER
This one original recipe is an excerpt from Everyday Entertaining by Elizabeth Van Lierde. Buy the book here on Amazon.