Dramatic moment Putin fires 16,000 mph ‘Satan-2’ nuclear bomb as warning to ‘those who threaten Russia’

RUSSIA has successfully launched its ‘Satan’ missile, which can fire up to 12 nuclear warheads at once, Vladimir Putin claimed.

The launch of the Sarmat intercontinental ballistic missile will “provide food for thought for those who seek to threaten Russia,” the Russian president warned.

3

Russia Reportedly Launched World’s Most Powerful Warhead
The 'Satan 2' missile has a range of 6,000 miles

3

The ‘Satan 2’ missile has a range of 6,000 miles
Putin warned launch would give enemies of Russia 'food for thought'

3

Putin warned launch would give enemies of Russia ‘food for thought’Credit: Reuters

Nicknamed Satan 2, the missile can fly 6,000 miles, carry 16 warheads, and have the potential to destroy an area the size of France.

It was successfully launched from Plesetsk Cosmodrome in northwestern Russia’s Arkhangelsk Oblast, according to Russian state media outlet RIA Novosti.

Video shows the massive 115-foot rocket being launched from an underground silo, creating a massive fireball.

It traveled almost the entire length of Russia, nearly 3,600 miles.

Putin's ally found dead next to wife and daughter, 13, for £2m flat
Donbas massacre won't go well for Russia... but Ukraine's victory will come at a cost

According to Russian defense sources, the missile landed in the Kura Missile Test Range on the Kamchatka Peninsula in the far east of the country.

Most disturbingly, the individual warheads are able to detach from the main 100-ton missile before traveling to their target at hypersonic speeds.

The Russian Defense Ministry has boasted today that the Sarmat ICBM is capable of overcoming any missile defense system.

“Thanks to the energy-mass properties of the missile, the range of its combat equipment has been fundamentally expanded, both in terms of number of warheads and types, including hypersonic gliders,” the ministry said in a statement.

After the launch, Dmitry Rogozin, the director of the Russian space agency Roscosmos, claimed on Twitter that the weapon was a “gift to NATO and all sponsors of Ukronazism”.

Russia first announced it was testing the missile, dubbed ‘Satan 2’, in October 2017.

At the time, it was heralded as the most powerful and deadliest nuclear warhead on the planet.

It contains bombs 1,000 more powerful than the bombs dropped by the US on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan during World War II.

The missile can reportedly carry up to 16 separate bombs, allowing it to drop multiple nuclear weapons on an area in a single strike.

Military expert Dr. Paul Craig Roberts sensationally claimed that the “five or six” of the Russian missiles could destroy the entire east coast of the US.

Russian news channel Sputnik reported in May that an RS-28 rocket is “capable of wiping out parts of the Earth the size of France or Texas”.

On that basis, it has been reported that the weapon “could make an area the size of England and Wales twice as large”.


It comes as…


It comes amid fears that an increasingly paranoid and isolated Putin will use nuclear weapons in a desperate attempt to defeat Ukraine and prevent a palace coup.

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov did not directly answer repeated questions about whether Russia could use nuclear weapons in Ukraine during an interview on Tuesday.

The US interim ambassador to the UK, Philip Reeker, told Sky News: “Well, as our Director of Central Intelligence, Bill Burns, said in open testimony last week, this is something we should be concerned about.

“Putin himself has brought this up. So it’s definitely something we need to watch very closely, the kind of atrocity that Putin has committed – we’ve seen it before, but it’s hard to imagine what he’s doing.

“And it seems there’s very little that would stop him, especially if he makes those kinds of threats.”

Former British ambassador to Ukraine Leigh Turner said: “If Russia is visibly losing this war, Putin may be able to authorize its use.”

There are rumors that Putin is purging his inner circle over fears that he will be overthrown in a palace coup.

Today the President of the European Council, Charles Michel, announced that the EU will provide Ukraine with an additional €1.5 billion in military aid in response to Russian aggression.

Help those fleeing conflict with The Sun’s Ukraine Fund

PHOTOS of women and children fleeing the horrors of Ukraine’s devastated cities and towns have moved Sun’s readers to tears.

Many of you want to help the five million trapped in the chaos – and now you can by donating to The Sun’s Ukraine Fund.

Give as little as £3 or as much as you can afford and every penny will be donated to the Red Cross on the spot to help women, children, the elderly, the sick and injured.

Donate here to help The Sun fund

Or text 70141 of mobile phones in the UK

£3 — text SUN £3
£5 — text SUN £5
£10 — SMS SUN £10

Texting costs your chosen donation amount (eg £5) +1 standard message (we receive 100%). For full terms and conditions, visit redcross.org.uk/mobile

The Ukraine Crisis Call will support people in the areas currently affected and those who may be affected by the crisis in the future.

In the unlikely event that the British Red Cross raises more money than can be reasonably and efficiently spent, any excess funds will be used to help them prepare for and respond to other humanitarian disasters around the world.

For more information, visit https://donate.redcross.org.uk/appeal/disaster-fund

Leave a Comment